Unbundling and the Self-Help Client
In this rapidly changing economic and legal climate, lawyers are seeking new methods for delivering their services efficiently and effectively while attracting new types of clients. For many firms, limited scope representation–also known as à la carte or unbundled legal services–may be the solution. By providing representation for a clearly defined portion of the client’s legal needs, such as preparing a legal document or making limited court appearances, lawyers can market their practice to an entirely new client base and give their firm a competitive advantage. The only book available on the topic, Limited Scope Legal Servicesprovides lawyers of all types–from solo to big law–with practical, tested solutions for setting up unbundling practices in their firms. This book offers everything you need to get started with limited scope services, including:
- A step-by-step checklist for implementation
- Tips for unbundling in various practice areas
- An overview of ethics concerns and guidance for avoiding malpractice risk
- Best practices for billing and marketing
- Guidance about using technology to unbundle your services
- Case studies from a variety of firms
- Monitor your network with ease
- Sample limited scope agreements
- Advice about creating and building your brand
For more information about the book, please click here to go to the ABA bookstore.
*Please contact vendors directly for customer service.