Deborah Gonzalez will teach the course “Social Media & the Law” at Solo Practice University®.
Deborah Gonzalez, Esq. is the founder of Law2sm, LLC, a new legal consulting firm focusing on helping its clients navigate the legal issues relating to the new digital and social media world.
Deborah graduated from New York Law School in 1997. Following graduation, she built a successful boutique practice in New York City, focusing on the arts, music and entertainment scene. In 2007, Deborah relocated to Georgia where she was employed by the University System of Georgia. In 2008 she was granted reciprocity to practice law in Georgia.
Deborah’s practice has taken her from an inner-city arts community center in NYC to a sidewalk café in Eastern Europe; from preparing programs for diplomats in the EU to assisting medical missions with refugee communities in Thailand; from protecting against music piracy in the US to protecting against bio-piracy in South America. And now it is transporting her beyond the Internet to the social space where the physical and digital dimensions of her clients co-exist and where she can leverage her legal expertise to their benefit.
Deborah enjoys engaging with those around her – so social media is a natural fit. But it is her skill in being able to connect the dots to understand the next big paradigm shift in global communication and legal application that makes her a leader in social media law.
In addition, Deborah speaks on the legal issues relating to intellectual property; art, music, and digital entertainment law; and social media legal trends and practices in various venues throughout the United States and abroad. Connect with Deborah - LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Blog Website
Syllabus – Social Media & the Law
An overview of topics is listed below. For more information, see detailed syllabus (pdf).
- ￼Intro to Social Media and the Law for Solo Practitioners
- ￼Social Media Legal Profiles
- ￼Social Media & Online Disclaimers
- ￼E-Professionalism & Social Media for Law Students
- E-Professionalism & Social Media for Attorneys
- Privacy & Social Media
- Social Media & Employee Mishapps
- ￼￼Social Media Employee Policies
- Social Media & Copyrights
- ￼￼Social Media & Trademarks
- ￼Social Media & Defamation/Publicity Rights
- Social Media & Family Law
- ￼Social Media & Criminal Law
- Social Media & E- Discovery
- ￼Social Media & Monitoring
- Social Media, Media & Law
- ￼Social Media, Healthcare & Law