Our mission is simple:
Education combined with community presented to you in a revolutionary new web-based application.
David, my kiteboard-riding, backpack-toting, flip-flop-wearing tech-hero, will continue to update you on the technology we will be using to make your experience at Solo Practice University™ top shelf.
My pleasure is to keep you posted on the incredible education you will be receiving.
This summer we will be introducing you to the faculty. I promise you will be blown away. I still have a hard time imagining all of these professional superstars in one place teaching you on an on-going basis. Finally, a virtual community where you can learn ‘how to’ build your solo practice while becoming the best lawyer you can be in your chosen practice area(s).
So, let’s start with the topics (in no particular order) for which we have one or more faculty already in place:
- Entertainment Law
- Internet Law
- Criminal Law (Defense/Prosecution)
- Family and Divorce Mediation
- Forensic Psychology (My client’s crazy. Who Do I Call?)
- Intellectual Property
- Appellate Procedure
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Trusts & Estates
- Contract Lawyering
- Real Property
- Legal Research and Writing
- Jury Selection
- Litigation Strategy
- The Art of the Deposition
- Evidence in the Court Room
- Ethics & Client-Side Manner
- Law Practice Management
- Public Relations
- Niche Practice Creation
- Working with a Virtual Assistant/Paralegal
- How To Use Social Media
- Internet Marketing
- Working with a Virtual Assistant
- Technology in the Courtroom
- Virtual Law Office
- Web 2.0/Productivity and Organization
- Paperless Office Technology
- Macs in the Law Office
- Trends in Technology
For Law Students & Work/Life Balance:
- “Staying at Home, Staying In the Law”
- Non-Traditional Law Students Entering Solo Practice
- What Happens When You are in the Bottom Third of Your Law Class?
- Mindfulness & Stress Reduction For Lawyers
We also have several incredible professionals lined up as guest lecturers from all walks of business life which really drives home the point…opening a solo practice is a business. We want you to have a true business education.
Solo Practice University™ is not a brick and mortar structure so we can ‘house’ as many faculty as we choose. Therefore, this list of faculty and topics is by no means exhaustive. We will not be limiting the number of faculty in any given area because this will be a place of ideas, opinions, debate, different skills sets, perspectives; a community of peers with a single passion – building their solo practice or helping you to build yours.
Therefore, I am extending an invitation to the more than 750 current subscribers to this construction blog: If you would like to teach at Solo Practice University™ or know of someone who would be an asset to this community of solo/small firm lawyers and professionals, feel free to contact me to discuss the possibilities.