Richard A. Epstein and Debra C. Crookston are part of the L.H. Brenner team. On September 21st they presented a guest lecture teaching you what you need to know before you purchase Professional Liability Insurance.
Professional Liability Insurance is more complicated than most lawyers realize and quite often they realize how complicated it is too late. You may think you are covered, have certain rights, only to learn otherwise. Often we over purchase insurance out of fear not realizing we can grow into our policies as our practices grow. Often we don’t understand important ‘standard’ clauses which can impact us both financially and professionally. Often we don’t understand claims-based versus occurrence-based policies.
Richard A. Epstein and Debra Crookston are part of the L.H. Brenner team which has been doing Professional Liability insurance for more than thirty years, specializing in the insurance needs of law firms of five and under. This important guest lecture from experienced professionals will educate you on the right questions to ask when you seek out insurance, to avoid traps and pitfalls and to be knowledgeable about your coverage.
What You Will Learn:
- Should you purchase Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance or go BARE?
- What you should be looking for in a policy.
- Is there such a thing as a standard clause? What do they really mean to you, the insured?
- How to grow into your policies.
- What are the best limits of insurance to have?
- Which group tends to have higher incidents of claims?
- New Attorneys….are you a malpractice case waiting to happen? Myths and Realities
- If you are a lawyer 8 – 10 years into your practice what are your vulnerabilities and why?
This guest lecture is about 51 minutes. Listen directly below.
Listen to more guest lectures from Solo Practice University® and get notified when new lectures are published.
All opinions, advice, and experiences of guest bloggers/columnists are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, practices or experiences of Solo Practice University®.