Deborah Gonzalez will teach the course “Intellectual Property” at Solo Practice University®.
Deborah Gonzalez, Esq. is the founder of Law2sm, LLC, a new legal consulting firm focusing on helping its clients navigate the legal issues relating to the new digital and social media world.
The syllabus for her “Intellectual Property” course can be found directly below.
Syllabus – Intellectual Property
An overview of topics is listed below. For more information, see detailed syllabus (pdf).
- Copyrights – Overview of copyright law and principles. Includes review of definitions, protecting and enforcing rights, and recent cases.
- Trademarks, Tradedress, Service Marks – Overview of trademark, trade dress and service marks law and principles. Includes review of definitions, the application and follow-up process, enforcing rights, and recent cases.
- Music & Law: Representing Musicians as Clients – Overview of the legal issues musicians face to protect their music, their brand, and their careers.
- Art & Law: Representing Artists as Clients – Overview of the legal issues artists face to protect their artworks, their brand, and their careers. (Includes animation concerns).
- Film Law: Representing Film, TV, and Video Clients – Overview of the legal issues those in the entertainment industries of film and television face. (Includes business video concerns and documentary rights clearances).
- Digital & Game Law: Representing Digital/Game Clients – Overview of the legal issues application and game developers face to protect their technical creations, game elements, and brand.