Lawyers Mutual Liability Insurance Company of North Carolina
Solos and small firms love us.
More than 8,000 attorneys have chosen Lawyers Mutual as their professional liability company – making us the largest solo and small firm provider in North Carolina and one of the largest in the country.
And the best part is that almost all of them stick with us throughout their entire careers.
Our lawyers are there for us because they know we are there for them. Here’s why:
- We understand solo practitioners and small firms. We admire their pioneering spirit. We respect the fact that they think outside the box – and we tailor our products and services to meet their needs.
- We give them tools for success. Social media, technology and virtual practices have opened new possibilities for solo lawyers. We give them newsletters, videos, CLE seminars and checklists to help reduce their risk and increase their profits.
- We are “Here Today, Here Tomorrow.” This is more than just our slogan. It’s our history. We were formed by North Carolina lawyers in the late 1970s during an unprecedented malpractice insurance crisis. The bedrock of our support came from solos and small firms.
- We help solos fix problems. Our claims repair program – which boasts a remarkable 90 percent rate of success at fixing mistakes before they explode into malpractice claims – has saved solos millions of dollars in potential losses over the years. Our risk management hotline, handouts and helpful staff help keep them safe.
- We have changed the game. We were the very first mutual professional liability company for lawyers in the country. Other states followed our lead. Many of them have looked to us for guidance in serving solos and small firms.
- We give back to our policyholders through dividends. We understand that loyalty goes both ways. In 2013, we paid our insured lawyers a $1 million dividend. This represented a return of approximately 6 percent of their premium dollars – and it was the ninth time since 1999 that we have paid a dividend.
- We get it. We believe insurance is about more than just limits, deductibles and exclusions. We believe it is about people.
- We offer more. Through our subsidiary, Lawyers Insurance, we offer complete coverage for you and your firm. Health plans, retirement options, business liability (incl. workers’ compensation), structured settlements, as well as court bonds make us a one stop shop.
Practice solo or in a small firm? You’re not alone. Lawyers Mutual wants to be your partner and protector.
Click here to learn more about how to safeguard your solo practice.
Click here to apply for a Lawyers Mutual solo or small firm liability policy.
Click here for free Risk Management resources to help your solo practice soar.
*Please contact vendors directly for customer service.