Founded in 1988 by lawyers for lawyers, ALPS insures over 14,000 attorneys across the country and is endorsed by more State Bars than any other carrier. As the nation’s largest direct writer of lawyers’ malpractice insurance, ALPS continues to make one-on-one connections with the legal community while offering competitive pricing for the broadest coverage. Approximately 90% of ALPS’ insured firms are solo or small firms (4 or less attorneys) and the company has long been committed to helping these firms thrive.
ALPS Policy Features:
- Defense costs paid in addition to your limit
- No Hammer Clause
- First Dollar Defense
- Reduced deductible with mediation
- Claims handled by dedicated claims attorneys, not adjusters
- A stabilizing force in the market, rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company
Beyond the Policy
- Affordable and guaranteed premium pricing for new solo attorneys through ALPS First Flight
- Cyber and EPLI coverage, reasonably-priced and available to ALPS policyholders
- High caliber, accredited Continuing Legal Education opportunities
- Surety and fidelity bonds available through Capitol Insurance at a 25% savings for policyholders
- Lifetime 10% discount for policyholders on Clio, a web-based practice management system
- Risk management resources and support for solo and small firms
Receive a no obligation indication of your premium by filling out our short indication form and either emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing to (406)728-7416. To begin the application process, click here. If you have any questions, again please call 1-800-367-2577 or email email@example.com.
Please note: ALPS does not currently issue policies in the following states: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin. If you are seeking insurance in California, please contact SPU sponsor, Lawyers’ Mutual Insurance Company.
Are you a new lawyer? Find out if you qualify for their First Flight program – a malpractice insurance program for new solo lawyers.
Where Do You Go When You Need Insurance?, November 8, 2012
*Please contact vendors directly for customer service.