When ALPS began nearly 25 years ago, the options for legal malpractice insurance were often unreliable and unaffordable. We brought stability to the marketplace and an ongoing commitment to the legal community. Today, ALPS provides comprehensive lawyers’ professional liability insurance to protect and guide lawyers toward a more successful and risk-free practice*. Lawyers benefit from working directly with an insurance company created by lawyers to address the needs of lawyers. Through our strong client relationships and endorsements from more Bar Associations than any other insurance company, ALPS is your trusted advisor.
As a solo attorney, you’re called upon to be all things within your practice. From accounting to IT to new business development, your day-to-day includes much more than merely practicing law. With so much on your radar screen, it’s nice to know that you’re not alone.
You need protection for both you and your clients. You need ALPS to stand behind you as the preeminent provider of claims-made and reported lawyers’ professional liability (LPL) insurance.
Just because you’re a solo attorney doesn’t mean you’re on your own. ALPS has affordable claims-made and reported coverage for solo attorneys. In addition, we can help you with practice management information and additional support services.
We have carefully crafted key policy features that benefit our insureds at the time of greatest need, if a claim arises.
- Defense Costs Paid in Addition to Limits of Liability
- Peer Review or “Settlement and Consent to Settle”
- First Dollar Defense (FDD)
- Aggregate Deductible
- Reduced Deductible
- Participation In the Choice of Your Defense Counsel
What makes ALPS unique:
- A stabilizing force in the liability insurance market for legal professionals
- Competitive premiums
- Financing for qualified attorneys
- Cyber and EPLI coverage
- Dedication to the jurisdictions we serve
- Online application and account management for your convenience
- An easily accessible customer service team for your peace of mind
- Risk management resources and support for start-up solo firms
- High caliber, accredited Continuing Legal Education opportunities
- Networking opportunities facilitated through our long-standing Bar Association relationships
- Superior claims handling services provided by experienced and qualified claims attorneys
ALPS does not currently issue policies in the following states: Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, and Wisconsin.
*Please note: Before completing the application, be sure to check to see if ALPS underwrites policies in your jurisdiction. If you wish to have insurance in California, please contact our sponsor, LMIC.
Students and faculty at Solo Practice University® receive a discount on this item. You must be logged in to see the amount of the discount and the discount code.
*Please contact vendors directly for customer service.